Wigan Coal And Iron Co Ltd Correspondence Re Fence At Patchcroft Pit Siding Mr Honest To The National Archives

information as to siding purpose and controlling signal box for 1961. Contact can be made through the BloodandCustard web site. Please

Far Colliery (plashetts Colliery)

After having been engaged in numerous works of engineering and surveying, his ultimate selection was the Law, and he was admitted as solicitor in 1838, and settled down at Llanelly, where he carried on a most lucra- tive follow for many years. In his day, he occupied many accountable positions. In 1874 he was elected to the magisterial bench in Gla- morganshire, and subsequently sat often on the Swansea Bench. For 15 years he was French Consul at Llanelly, and he was United States Consul for even a longer period, holding the latter place until he resigned about four years ago. In politics the deceased gentleman was a Conservative, and he was for 34 years Con- servative agent for the county of Carmarthen, throughout which time he was ever active in forwarding that trigger. Deceased was an eminent local antiquary, and found many Roman relics in the course of the excavations for the South Wales Railway at Loughor, and was looked upon as a excessive authority on the course of the Via Julia via the Principality.

The unique riveted steel frame of LC&DR classic, nevertheless, remains. Far Colliery was a very small mining village simply south east of the Plashetts Staith at end of the Plashetts Colliery Waggonway. Bank Top (Plashetts Colliery) dates from the identical period. The colliery closed round 1932 with the death of Joseph Slater.

Lb Maze Co Siding Nails 3in 10d Gauge Ring Shank 316 Stainless-steel Usa

This was a single platform station with a stone built constructing mixed with a railway cottage. At the east finish was a siding on the south facet of the line, approached from the west, which reached a loading bank by reversal. This was a two platform station with a long passing loop. The line opened in 1859 and the station opened to passengers in 1860. The station constructing, stone constructed and of two storeys, was on the northbound platform and there was a goods siding on the west aspect, approached from the north, serving a loading bank.

HYETT.- We regret to an- nounce the dying of Mr. Lewis Hyett, watch maker and jeweller, which happened on Friday last, 13th inst. Mr. Hyett was for 35 years in the employ of the late Mr. Hennessey (now Messis. Taylor and Co.) The interment occurred at e,’ Cockett Churchyard on Tuesday seventeenth inst. The funeral preparations have been carried out in a most satisfactory method by E.

This was geared up with a non rail served goods shed. This station was a single platform line on the south facet of the line, with a wooden building. To the west, over a stage crossing, was a railway cottage on the north aspect of the line. This station was constructed for the Duke of Northumberland whose Kielder Lodge (known as Kielder Castle) was just to the east. The station had a single platform on a loop on the east facet of the road and, to the south of the loop, a siding serving a coal depot. The Duke had a shed for his connecting coach right here.

There were additionally momentary summer camps such as Whickhope Camp. This is a single observe seven arch masonry viaduct. The parapet resembles battlements, even that includes arrow-loops. There are crosses on the high of the piers, on the spandrels. We would give the present scaffolding business on the jap part of the site as much time as attainable to search out various premises, and we’re speaking with the enterprise to see what we might do to help it discover a suitable different location. The land is at present getting used as a scaffolding yard with access from Fordmill Road and open land to the rear of the prevailing Pool Court housing.

It was to the south of Charlton Farm and north of the River North Tyne. It consisted of just a temporary platform and hut. A drive from the hall, which crossed the River North Tyne via a ford, approached the station from the south.

The line between Kielder and Falstone is now beneath the waters of the Kielder Water reservoir. The overwhelming majority of stations had a single platform with a items loop. This was the junction for the siding to Acomb Colliery.

This was a single platform station with a long passing loop. The platform was on the east side of the loop, the village side. siding contractors Bellingham was just below half a mile to the north.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *